1 onion, finely chopped
2 spring onions, chopped
1 tray (240 grams) Florentin Organic Falafel
½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
½ lemon, zested
sea salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
2 Florentin Organic Pita Bread
200 grams Florentin Organic Hummus salad
Yogurt mixed with raw Tahini and serve with freshly squeezed cherry tomatoes
Finely chopped salad
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and fry until golden.
- Slice the falafel balls in half and place in a bowl. Add the fried onion, chopped parsley and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cut the pitas in half, line the inside of each pita with hummus and stuff with the falafel mixture. Press lightly, making sure the pita is completely full with no empty air pockets.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium heat. Brush the pita halves with olive oil on both sides and place on the grill. Grill evenly, about 3-5 minutes on each side, and use a spatula to lightly press the Arayes flat. Make sure to grill the Arayes on its open-faced side too. Alternatively, place the arayes in a panini/ sandwich press.
- Serve with the yogurt-tahini dip and a chopped salad seasoned with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.