-Thick slices of the baguette
-¼ cup butter
-4 tablespoons of olive oil
-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a small bowl, stir together the softened butter, olive oil and garlic.
- Brush each slice with the oil mixture and place the slices on ungreased baking tray.
- Bake about 8-9 minutes until golden and crisp, remove from the oven and set aside.
- To assemble the Crostinis, place the toasts on a serving platter and add a tablespoon of hummus to each toast slice and smooth over the surface.
Let’s look at topping ideas for these toasts:
- Hummus with roasted tomatoes and olives
- Hummus with halloumi cheese and roasted onion
- Hummus with capers and mushroom